Reflections on January: Drive
At the beginning of the month, I used my Paulo Coelho planner as inspiration for a theme for January – drive. I thought I’d take a look back at the past 31 days and see how I did against my goal of pursuing my passions and doing things:
- Blogging – I wanted to keep the momentum going, and despite a strong start, I lost that momentum mid-month. BUT, I think I’m back on track now!
- Check out the Cleopatra exhibit in Milwaukee…check!
- Host a 2012 dinner party for my girls – I managed to whip up a pretty darn good southern style dinner with the help of my more domesticated friends
- Take that Ancient Egypt course at the Oriental Institute – well, I signed up for it but sadly not enough other people did, so it was cancelled. Hopefully there will be another similar opportunity in the near future!
- Do more stuff – well, I tried trampoline dodgeball. It doesn’t get much more random than that! I also took a day-trip to Denver for work, which was an adventure in itself. Then, I taught a social media class at MIW. I also checked out the new Morbid Curiosity exhibit on opening day, although didn’t end up stalking down Richard Harris for a video interview like I secretly planned to. So I managed to keep myself fairly busy.
All in all, I’d say I did pretty good. Now on to February’s theme: Traveling…