Since I’m allegedly incapable of “talking about my feelings” and tend to keep things personal, I decided to do this 30 days of truth challenge that I heard about on the 30ishMama blog.
Although, seriously – I don’t think there’s anything wrong with NOT disclosing every detail of your life to the world. Personally, I don’t think me enjoying some level of privacy makes my blog or writing any less truthful.
So basically, here’s the challenge: every day, you answer one of the following questions:
- Day 01 — Something you hate about yourself.
- Day 02 — Something you love about yourself.
- Day 03 — Something you have to forgive yourself for.
- Day 04 — Something you have to forgive someone for.
- Day 05 — Something you hope to do in your life.
- Day 06 — Something you hope you never have to do.
- Day 07 — Someone who has made your life worth living for.
- Day 08 — Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
- Day 09 — Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
- Day 10 — Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
- Day 11 — Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
- Day 12 — Something you never get compliments on.
- Day 13 — A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
- Day 14 — A hero that has let you down. (letter)
- Day 15 — Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
- Day 16 — Someone or something you definitely could live without.
- Day 17 — A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
- Day 18 — Your views on gay marriage.
- Day 19 — What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
- Day 20 — Your views on drugs and alcohol.
- Day 21 — (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
- Day 22 — Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
- Day 23 — Something you wish you had done in your life.
- Day 24 — Make a play list to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
- Day 25 — The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
- Day 26 — Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
- Day 27 — What’s the best thing going for you right now?
- Day 28 — What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
- Day 29 — Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
- Day 30 — A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
Some of these questions seem kind of stupid, so I may very well skip those. But it’s only for your benefit. You’re welcome.