March’s Musicians at Work Forum topic is a great one for any musician looking to get their music into films, television programs or commercials. I think we’ve all seen what a placement in a popular Chase TV ad (Five For Fighting), a show like Grey’s Anatomy (The Fray) or a movie like Twilight (Lykki Li) can do for an artist’s visibility.
During this month’s forum, hear tips on how to get your music in front of the people who decide what songs to feature in these channels. Panelists will include:
- Bonny Dolan: Managing Director/Executive Producer, Comma Music
- Gabe McDonough: VP, Music Director, Leo Burnett
- Dan Kuypers: Sr. Creative Director / Music Supervisor, Music Dealers
- Joe Bogdan: Assistant Professor in the AEMM Department, Columbia College
Remember, these are free events hosted by the Chicago Music Commission, Columbia College, Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events and Chicago Federation of Musicians, so take advantage of the knowledge!
- When: Monday, March 12, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Chicago Cultural Center (78 E. Washington), Fifth Floor West Auditorium