Just a few years ago, during my three-month trip to Europe, I got to experience a few different Chopin landmarks. I saw his grave at Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, then re-visited the famous statue of him at Łazienki Park in Warsaw, then visited a brand new interactive museum dedicated to him (also in Warsaw).
Some facts about Chopin in case you don’t know:
- He was born in Żelazowa Wola, near Warsaw (have also been there)
- He grew up in Warsaw, but eventually moved to Paris, where he lived until he died
- He died at age 39, probably of tuberculosis
- He’s probably one of the most composers ever, having written most of his music for piano
- Polish people love him and are proud of him, rightfully so
Enjoy some of my favorite Chopin works: