So I know MTV is not the deepest place to get inspiration, but I was actually inspired by a preview for The Buried Life. Basically, it takes the premise of making a list of things to do before you die – something people might usually do when they know their time is limited – and applying it to your life now.
That being said, here’s the beginning of my list of things I want to do before I die:
- Go to Barcelona
- Read Don Quixote
- Go to the SXSW festival
- Finally learn how to play guitar
- Go canoeing/kayaking down the Chicago River
- Actually pursue freelance magazine writing and get published
- Get a tattoo
- Get my masters…in something…
- Write a novel
- Take my southern style road trip!
- Learn how to tango. In Argentina.
- Learn how to play the drums
- Get on American Idol
- Speak at a conference
- Go on an archaeological dig in Egypt
- Take a mediterranean cruise
What’s on your list?