Yes, such a thing exists. And it’s exactly what it sounds like – you play dodgeball on trampolines. We headed over to Sky High Sports in Niles for their first tournament and I picked up some valuable tips for any aspiring trampoline dodgeball athletes. I think these will be going on monthly, so check out the website or Facebook page for more details!
What NOT to do:
- Do not eat Wendy’s right before going to play. You can draw your own conclusions here.
- Do not wear jeans and a t-shirt. Apparently that is not acceptable attire, since I was the only one in jeans in the entire building. It looked like I randomly stumbled into the venue and decided to play.
- Do not have your mouth open when you jump into the foam pit.
What TO do:
- Do hide in the corner. This will keep people from targeting you for awhile, and you’ll stay in the game longer.
- Do jump around a lot while playing. This also helps avoid getting hit.
- Do drink lots of water. Jumping on a trampoline is incredibly exhausting. My lungs were burning within minutes.
- Do wear a sweat band.
We didn’t win the tournament. We didn’t even win a single match. There were minor injuries. But we did have an awesome high five!