In an attempt to be more positive about another year of life having gone by, here are my top 5 moments of my birthday weekend:
1. My awesome co-workers decorated my office, so I had to burst through the streamers in style!
2. The cutest cake ever from Sweet Kat’s Creations! We were celebrating Mindy’s daughter’s birthday, and to my surprise, after she blew out her candles, they brought out this second cake for me! There were almost tears, but I have a reputation to maintain.
3. My birthday dinner at Sabor a Cuba (yum, jibaritos!). It meant a lot to have my family & friends come out and celebrate with me.
4. Presents! C’mon, we all know that’s the best part of birthdays. From a much-needed technology update to a beautiful vintage broach (yes, I’m so old I’m now wearing broaches) and more, it was a good night. And shout out to Daniela for going to three separate Targets to track down the Jason Wu t-shirt with a black cat on it. And for this bottle of wine, which of course does not describe me at all:
5. All the other awesome moments from the past three days. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate!