The agency where I work, Zócalo Group, is co-hosting Social Media Week again this year, and I’m actually in the country to enjoy it this time! Registration just opened today and there are a ton of great events already up. All the events are free, but you have to register, so get on it before they fill up! Here are some of the events I’m looking forward to most: The parties – of course.
- 9/24 – The opening night at Rockit should be a blast, and the perfect opportunity to start meeting SMW panelists & participants
- 9/27 – The launch party for Pinterest for Business should be fun – the book is actually penned by Jess Loren and Ed Swiderski of The Bachelorette fame
- 9/28 – And of course the closing night party at Soundbar
- 9/24 – Rick Wion, director of social media at McDonald’s Corporation, delivers a keynote speech on day 1
- 9/28 – Beatport CEO Matthew Adell will talk about his success in focusing on a niche customer base in the music industry
- 9/28 – Chris Kaskie, president at Pitchfork Media will deliver a keynote speech
- 9/25 – #Guys vs. @Gals: an epic Face(book)-off for social media dominance. I’ll be interested to check out this session and equally interested to see what Catalyst Ranch looks like, since I’ve heard a lot of cool things about this space.
- 9/26 – From 1 to 25,000: how to build a community from scratch. This evening session should be a great one. It features Andrew Barber from Fake Shore Drive and Jaime Black from Dynasty Podcasts. I’ve worked with both, and they know what they’re doing. It also features Monica Dimperio from The Midwasteland and Steve Green from @FoodieChats.
- 9/27 – “The Social” with RedEye’s Ernest Wilkins. A live web-based talk show hosted by RedEye digital producer and general man-about-the-town Ernest Wilkins. RedEye’s social media lady, Jessica Galliart, will also be there, and her Twitter feed never fails to make me laugh.
There are many, many, many more sessions to choose from, so check out the website and register today!