I may have never posted anything on Craigslist myself, but I’ve been browsing apartments for rent and here are some things I’ve learned….
1. Don’t lie or try to trick me. Seems simple enough, but if you’re claiming to have a photo on your listing, it better not just be one of your logo. I want pics of the apartment.
2. Be selective about the photos you choose. You probably don’t want to include photos of a nasty bathroom, a creepy closet or a dirty room. But I do recommend including some photos, because I often don’t even look at listings without one. And I don’t recommend taking the photos at night, it makes the apartment look really dark (duh) and uninviting.
3. If you’re the landlord and you look like you’re 12, don’t include a headshot.
4. Accurately describe what neighorhood the apartment is in. “Old Irving/Portage Park/Jefferson Park” is not helpful.
4. Don’t list your apartment 10 times in a row to try and make me click on it. It’s just annoying.