So I’m trying to get in the holiday spirit. I put up my little fake tree, put up some christmas lights and I may even go ahead and buy myself a present today! One thing that definitely helps me get in the spirit is watching some of those classic holiday movies. Here are my top 5, in case you’re in need of some holiday cheer:
- White Christmas: This is my all-time favorite Christmas movie. It’s got these old-school actors Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney, lots of dancing numbers and, of course, the awesome finale of “White Christmas.”
- The Night They Saved Christmas: This 80s movie follows a family trying to save Santa’s North Pole from getting blown up. It’s one of those movies my mom taped for us from the TV back in the day and I hope that VHS is still at her house!
- Home for the Holidays: If you think your family is bad, you should see mine. I mean, you should see this movie. Holly Hunter & Robert Downey Jr. star in this movie, who’s tagline is: “On the fourth Thursday in November, 84 million American families will gather together… And wonder why.” Ok, it’s more Thanksgiving themed, but it still counts as a holiday movie.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Is there a cuter movie than this classic animated movie about our favorite reindeer??
- Elf: Will Ferrell is hilarious as this naive elf that travels to New York from the North Pole. “I’m in a store, and I’m singing!”
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies that get you pumped up for the holidays and give you just enough adrenaline to make it through without sticking a fork in your eye at the dinner table?
[…] most importantly, I finally had time to watch my favorite holiday movie, White […]