These days, more people than ever have their own recording equipment and are putting out independent projects. In this month’s Musicians at Work Forum, learn from artists who have gone through the process of recording & manufacturing an independent project. Topics will include how to set up a recording and manufacturing timeline, getting all the paperwork together, and obtaining the proper rights to your recordings and art work.
- When: Monday, April 9th from 6 pm – 7:30 pm
- Where: Columbia College, 618 S. Michigan Ave, 2nd Floor (Stage 2)
- Jerry Brindisi, Columbia College Music Business department (moderator)
- Jamie Wagner, Strobe Studios
- Kathy Greenholdt, singer/songwriter and graphic designer
- Erin Page, silk-screen artist and illustrator, Kill Hatsumomo Prints. Also the lead vocalist/guitarist of Alma Negra.
- Brian Sulpizio – you can find him fronting the musical group Health&Beauty, drumming with groups like Double Morris and Sewing Pattern, playing guitar with people like Ryley Walker, or recording various musics at The Chateau, his home-grown approach to classy music documentation.